Being part of a circle is so powerful. Once you commit to yourself and open yourself up to being present then great magic can happen. once a circle has been cast- grounding has taken place- intention setting and anointing, circle sharing can begin. Practising the principles below supports you to be fully present for yourself and others, to share from an authentic honest place in your heart and enables you to go deeply to explore your own wisdom and medicine.
- A talking piece can be held, then placed back on alter, which can hep create clarity for whom is speaking. Also helps indicate when woman have finished talking and means we do not have to go round in a circle.
- This is a confidential sharing
- The power of the circle/healing is the listening, rather than it being a conversation.
- It is important not to discuss what has been said outside the circle even if it is ment in the form of caring or concern. This includes discussing what someone else has said as part of your truth. (This can be hard as we naturally take verbal cues of each other in conversation)
- No physical contact, hugs etc. This can be challenging too but is considered a form of fixing. Each woman who speaks has the responsibility to ask for what they need. This is empowering and often can be hard to ask for help. If the woman wishes to receive a hug or verbal feedback based on what they have said, they can ask for this.
- As the listener it is your choice as to how you respond and receive the information shared by women, whether it is being empathetic or choosing to remain neutral. This can help women to share without worrying that they are burdening others with their ‘problems’.
- Speak in the first person “I feel”... rather than “often we, as women we feel”.This helps to speak from the heart